Mangoes are great summer fruits and I love buying them by the dozen! They are sweet, tangy, healthy and energy boosting fruits! Lately with the summer heat wave and high humidity level in the East Coast, I have been feeling quite lethargic with loss of appetite. This was my calling to create this Zesty Mango Chicken Salad that’s just perfect for summer. Check out how easy it was to make it healthy and ultra delicious!!
what gives this salad a zesty flavor?
The ginger, lemon juice and apple cider will give that zesty flavor in the dressing! You can add more ginger if you like it more spicy!!
can you save this dressing for later?
I would recommend consuming it all on the day you make it. Due to the high amount of fruit in the dressing, it may not taste fresh the next day.
can i use regular vinegar instead of apple?
Yes you can use a regular vinegar, however may not have the “zing” factor that comes from the Korean Apple Vinegar.
do you have to use a blender?
I highly recommend using a blender to make this dressing due to fibrous ginger and mangos. They will have a nice puree texture once blended and the flavor will definitely come through nicely.
Zesty Mango Chicken Salad
- hand blender
- 1 whole mango, peeled and sliced Used 1lb 4 oz mango
- 7 oz lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup Roast Chicken, shredded
- 3-4 Tortilla chips, crumbled
- 1 pc ginger, thumb size
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Ottogi Brand, Korean Apple Vinegar,
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp scallion, chopped
- ½ Tbsp honey
- 1 pinch cracked black pepper
- 1 handful cranberries
- 1 handful almond slices
- 1 handful pumpkin seeds
- Peel Mango then slice 1/2 of mango and chop 1/2 of mango. Add chopped mango into blender and save sliced mango for later.
- Into the blender add all dressing ingredients. Blend until smooth consistency. Set aside.
- Chop lettuce and shred chicken.
- Have 2 salad bowls ready and arrange lettuce, chicken and sliced mangos. Drizzle dressing. Garnish with cranberries, nuts and tortilla chips! Serve cold!
Leave a Reply