Worry about the messy clean up when it comes to cooking pork belly. Let your air fryer do it for you, and the rest will be left on the bottom tray! All you need is a quick marinade, then air fry and you will be left with that chewy, sweet, savory pork meat that just melts in your mouth, without the guilt!! This meal is so satisfying!! Don’t forget to pair with your favorite greens!!
This is a quick pork dish you can whip up on any busy night!! I first air fried the pork belly until crispy, (meaning most of the oil has been pulled out) then brush the yummy sauce on the meat to get that nice golden savory shimmer!! If you like things on the sweeter side, like me, you would really enjoy this sweet soy sauce. I can see it being very versatile. Also the sambal sauce is not as spicy, so you can use it alone or mix with other sauces. For this dish, I mixed both sauces, and came out fantastic! I even used it as a salad dressing and worked out quite well too!!
SAVORY PORK BELLY WITH SCALLION AND ARUGULA SALAD
- Cuisinart Air Fryer/Toaster Oven
- 1 lb pork belly (1/4” thick)
- 3 Tbsp soju/sake
- 2 Tbsp ABC sauces Sweet Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Chaechili Sambal Sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic powder
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 pinch Pinch ginger powder
- Scallions, shredded
- 1 pinch sesame seeds
- Preheat air fryer @375 F. Marinate pork with soju for 5min. Air fry meat for 10-11 min, flip half way. Meanwhile make the sauce. When meat is done/golden brown, brush the sauce unto the meat. Air fry @325 F for 1-2min. Repeat on each side. Cut meat and serve.
- For salad dressing, mix sweet soy sauce, sambal and lemon juice. 1:1:1 ratio Toss with arugula and shredded scallions. Can serve with rice.