Chicken wings are such fun finger food for everyone! And imagine if you cook it just right, the irresistible texture and flavor gets you every time!! But guess what guys, I am going to share my secret recipe with you that’s gonna satisfy all your chicken wing cravings!! You are going to fall in love with this air fried chicken wings that is full of flavor, crispy skin, and super moist meat!! My family loves it every time, and you will too!!
what size chicken wing do i need?
I did notice there were different sizes in chicken wings. This recipe below is made for the mini chicken wings. It you end up getting the regular chicken wings, this recipe works, however, the time needs to be adjusted. I have added the time variation in the note section.
can i omit the bay leaves?
I highly recommend the bay leaves. When I tested a batch without the bay leaves, I could tell a big difference. It gives it a nice subtle scent, helping to get rid of the chicken smell. At the same time, it won’t overwhelm the chicken flavor either. Using whole bay leaves are recommended. And if they break and get stuck on the chicken, it’s ok. They don’t burn in the air fryer!
What kind of milk should i use?
I used 2% milk on this recipe because that’s all we have in our fridge typically. I can’t say the same for other milk type since I haven’t tried it. If you end up making with different milk, let me know how it ends up!
What kind of air fryer was used?
I used the Cuisinart Air Fryer/Toaster Oven for this recipe. I think this is a powerful air fryer, so if you have a tray style, the time and temperature may have to be adjusted, and the results may vary. Sorry~~
does soaking the chiken longer help?
Yes, soaking the chicken longer in the marinade will allow the chicken to taste more moist and tender. For maximum flavor and texture, do allow 3 hours of marinating time. You will definitely taste the difference in the outcome.
why do you have to lower the temp?
To avoid burning the chicken wings, I do recommend lowering the temperature. This will ensure even golden browning that looks super gourmet at the end!! And trust me, I have seen plenty of overcooked, burnt chicken wings during testing phase!!
- Bibigo, Sauce Gochujang Sauce Hot & Sweet
- Chung Jung One Oligo Rice Syrup
- Kadoya Sesame Oil
- 2-Ounce Premium Whole Bay Leaves
- Assi Roasted Crushed Salt Sesame Seeds
SUPER MOIST AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS
- air fryer toaster oven
- 2.6 lbs Mini chicken wings
- 4-5 whole bay leaves
- 2½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ginger powder
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 3 Tbsp white wine
- 4 Tbsp 2% Milk
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
Spicy Dipping Sauce (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Bibigo Gochujang Hot & Sweet
- 1 Tbsp Oligodang/Oligo Syrup
- ½ Tbsp Sesame Oil
- sesame seeds
- Scallions, chopped
- Make Chicken Marinade in a small mixing bowl. Stir well, set aside.
- Clean chicken wings and pat dry with paper towel. Drop them into a gallon ziplock bag.
- Pour Marinade into chicken and seal bag. Massage for few minutes. Open bag and add bay leaves. Keep in fridge for at least 1 hour. For maximum flavor, leave for 3 hours in fridge.
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place chicken wing on the cooking wire tray, skin side up, making sure to leave 1" distance. Don't crowd up the tray.
- Bake for 10-12 min or until the skin is golden brown and crispy. Flip the wings and bake 4 min additional. Lower the temperature to 325 degrees and cook additional 4 min.
- Serve hot, garnish with sesame seeds and scallions. Serve spicy sauce on side, optional.