Did you know you can make healthy food taste delicious?? You just need few tricks up your sleeves and the right pairing ingredients and Bam! You got yourself a delicious guilt-free meal!! This Kale Bacon and White Bean Medley is a perfect example where it’s complete with super food, protein, nutrient, texture, and last but importantly, FLAVOR! Ready to whip it up?? This is quick and easy dish to put together and enjoyed warm or cold!
what kind of beans should I buy?
I have to admit, I don’t think all beans taste the same. I highly suggest purchasing some fresh dry organic, non-GMO Great White Beans. Then precook them and store them in the freezer. It is healthy and delicious, can’t compare to the real deal right?? The fresh organic white beans are quite yummy They have a very creamy, naturally sweet and hint of nuttiness when you bite into them.
how should i cook the dry beans?
And don’t be afraid to buy dry beans! It is super easy to cook in the Instant Pot. You don’t even need to soak them anymore!! Let Instant Pot do the work for you and walk away! Please check out my Instant Pot Bean Recipe.
Kale Bacon and White Bean Medley
- 2 slice bacon chopped
- 3 oz kale, prewashed chopped
- 2 baby shallot sliced
- 2 garlic, cloves sliced
- 1 cup White Beans, cooked
- 1 pinch rosemary
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- lemon wedges optional
- Add chopped bacon into skillet and render fat.
- Into the skillet, add garlic, shallot and 1Tbsp olive oil. Cook until garlic is golden brown.
- Add Kale and rosemary, stir fry for 30 seconds. Add beans, stir gently and cook 30 more seconds. Turn off heat. Salt & pepper to taste. Serve Warm or Cold.
- Optional. Serve with lemon wedges.
Leave a Reply