Who’s a soup lover here?? That would be me please!! Something about homemade soups that just make you feel warm all over!! So whenever I have some homemade stock available, I am always looking for ways to create tasty soups for my kiddos, and this just happens to be one of them!! Have you tried a Ham and Vegetable Soup where every bite is full of flavor and texture! If not, this is your chance to try! This hearty and savory broth paired with vegetables, soft egg noodles and diced sweet ham, will keep you full and satisfied!! Let me show you how!!
what is a good broth to use for this recipe
For this recipe, I used my ham bone broth as the base. Click here to see how to make the ham bone broth. This soup has all the deep flavor from the ham bone broth, then simmered again with veggies and seasonings, bringing out the favors to the max!! A tasty, hearty noodle soup that spells comfort!! You do not want to miss out!!
why do you add the chopped ham towords the end?
Adding the chopped hams more towards the end will ensure that the honey baked flavor hams stay savory and chewy. If they get boiled for extended time, the texture will become much softer and the flavors can be diminished. I always store my leftover ham in the freezer and defrost them before I add them into this soup. It works wonders!!
What are some alternative ingredients and tips?
- A chicken broth can be used in lieu of the ham bone broth
- Different types of noodles are just as fine. The egg noodles tend to hold it’s texture better longer.
- Left over soup can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for about 2 days.
- Extra Wide Egg Noodles
- Simply Organics Thyme
- Simply Organics Sage
- San Antonio Whole Bay Leaves
- Costco Honey Baked Ham
did you love this recipe?
Did you try this recipe and loved it? If you did, please tag me on my Instagram @seasonedbyjin. Would love to see your creation!!
Ham and Vegetable Soup with Noodles
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 2 potatoes, medium peeled & chopped
- 1 carrot, medium peeled & chopped
- 1 onion, medium peeled & chopped
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- 2-3 bay leaves whole
- 3 cup ham bone broth see note**
- 2 cup water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 3 cup egg noodles, cooked wide
- ¾ cup honey baked ham slices diced
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp sage
- Boil egg noodles until soft. Rinse and drain. Set aside.
- Chop all the vegetables and set aside. Dice ham and set aside.
- Heat a large stock pot on high. Add oil and vegetables, including garlic. Stir fry about 3 min. Add pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour ham bone broth, water, 1 tsp salt and bay leaves. Bring to boil, then switch to medium heat. Cook for about 10min with lid.
- Add cooked noodles, diced ham, thyme, sage and more pepper (optional). Simmer in low heat for 6-7 min with lid.
- Salt to taste. Garnish with chopped cilantros or scallions. Serve Hot!
Leave a Reply