This savory miso soup is a perfect balance of umami flavors and earthy aromas! Made with simple easy pantry staples that anyone can replicate! Restaurant quality soup from home just got better!
Enjoy this savory miso soup as a light soup by itself or pair it with other main dishes.
Savory Miso Soup
- 3 cups water
- 1 whole dehydrated shiitake mushroom
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 bunches scallion green and white part divided
- ½ small onion chopped
- ⅓ cup seaweed, hydrated and chopped
- 10 oz tofu cubed
- 2½ Tbsp miso paste
- 1½ Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Divide Scallion white from green. Save the white part, root for stock. Chop green part for garnish.
- Bring 3 cups of water to boil in a pot. Add shiitake mushroom, white part scallion and garlic. Simmer in medium heat with lid for about 10min. Discard aromatics.
- Add seaweed, tofu, miso, soy sauce and black pepper. Cook additional 2-3min without lid until tofu is tender. Turn heat off.
- Garnish or serve with chopped scallion.