Are you a tater tot lover? How about bulgogi? This 5 Layer Bulgogi Tots with Spicy Kimchi Sauce has everything you want in an appetizer or snack!! Baked with ingredients that pair well together then topped with the house kimchi spicy sauce, will sure to spark some fireworks in the mouth!! it’s gonna keep you coming back for more and more!! I decided to call this the five layer baked bulgogi tots because it is loaded with so many different components, bringing the textures and flavors to another level!! You can always add more or less per your preference of course!!
why did i want to create this recipe?
I actually wanted to create this recipe for a particular seasoning that I am really loving right now. It’s called the Kimchi Seasoning by a brand called Seoul Sister’s Kimchi. It’s is very versatile and really tasty!! This is not a paid partnership post, but I personally really like this seasoning and wanted to incorporate it into my recipe.
Tidbits about the brand: Kudos to the An sisters who founded @seoulsisterskimchi and their passion to spread healthy Korean food to the world. They believe in delivering safe, high quality product, which was even awarded the Innovation Food Award from SIAL 2019 India. Their seasoning is a blend of all natural kimchi seasoning mix, rich in Probiotics, Gluten-free, and NON-GMO, and 100% VEGAN!! One bottle is filled with 18 BILLION live lactobacillus from kimchi!! A Win win!! If you want to try this delicious seasoning, it is available on AmazonPrime.
This is a really tasty recipe that’s great for any occasion! Seriously, it tastes like restaurant quality right here!! The crunchy tots, with savory bulgogi, to ooey gooey cheese! Then you get the refreshing flavors from the raw onion, scallion and cilantro! And the spicy kimchi sauce just brings everything together for that lip smacking good flavor!! For non-spicy eaters, you can omit the onion and kimchi sauce. Try it for yourself today and tag me on my Instagram page if you do.(@seasonedbyjin) Would love to see your creation!!
Five Layer Bulgogi Tots with Spicy Kimchi Sauce
- 9 oz bulgogi meat
- 20 oz tater tots Ore-Ida Golden tater tots
- ¾ cup Mazzella cheese shredded
- ¾ cup sweet onion sliced rings
- 6 clove garlic thinly sliced
- 2 stem scallion chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Korean soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- ½ tbsp sugar
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 pinch sesame seeds
Spicy Kimchi Sauce
- 2 tbsp Kewpie Japanese Mayo
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp kimchi seasoning mix Seoul Sisters Brand
- 2 tsp sugar
- In a bowl, make bulgogi marinade and stir well. Cut meat into bite size pieces and add into the marinade and mix well.
- Make Spicy Seasoning and set aside.
- Chop and slice all vegetables as needed and set aside. Soak onion in cold water for 10-15 min and drain on paper towel.
- Air fry frozen tater tots at 400 degrees for 12-14 min, or until golden crispy. Set aside.
- Cook sliced garlic on pan, with little oil, until golden brown and set aside. Cook bulgogi on high heat until golden brown. Sprinkle sesame seeds and set aside.
- Preheat oven to broil. Lightly season 2 small cast iron pans and start layering. First layer with cooked tater tot, mounting as high as you can. Then with bulgogi, garlic slices and cheese. Broil for 5-7 min or until cheese is golden brown.
- Take the pans out from the oven and place them on the stove top. Layer with onion rings, scallion, cilantro. Before serving, drizzle with spicy kimchi sauce and kimchi seasoning mix.
- Serve hot from pan! Enjoy!!