This recipe was created as a challenge to myself with the gifted items I had received from various vendors. Because we don’t want to put quality seasonings to waste!! NO no! And with any kind of seasonings you use, pairing them accordingly is very important! (at least in my books)
I am glad to report that these came out super tasty and addictingly good on the first try! The chicken breast pieces were first marinated in dry seasonings. (I added MORE seasonings) Then coated with a light batter and deep fried. Th sauce was caramelized in the pan, and afterward, tossed with the fried chicken! (The sauce was created by using MORE Seasonings and Martina’s Hot Sauce). So Yummy guys!! My kids went crazy! And it wasn’t that spicy either! I also paired the chicken poppers and vegetables with 3 yummy dip mixes made from The Pantry Club, which tasted all very savory and fresh mixed with sour cream and mayo!!
Check out the recipe below to see how I incorporated all these various seasonings to create a wonderful meal for my fam!! I hope you can give it a try! Let me know how yours turned out!
If you would like to try the MORE Seasonings used for this recipe, please click here!!
Honey Chili Lime Chicken Poppers
- 1 lb chicken breast cut bite size
- ½ tbsp white cooking wine
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup corn starch
- 2 eggs beaten
- oil for frying
- sesame seeds for garnish
- 1½ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp MORE Siracha Chili Lime Seasoning
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp sugar
Savory Honey Sauce
- 4 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp Martinas Hot Sauce
- 2 tsp MORE Siracha Chili Lime Seasoning
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- ½ tsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp water
- Prep the chicken and cut into bite size chunks, set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the dry seasoning ingredient and mix it. Add the chicken into the bowl and message the seasoning into the chicken. Set it aside.
- Combine flour and cornstarch in a bowl and mix well. Place eggs in a separate bowl. First dip the chicken into the flour mixture, then the egg, then back to the flour. Repeat this step to all the chicken pieces.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium high heat. Fry the chicken pieces for about 8-10min or until golden brown and crispy. Set the fried chicken on a paper towel to drain.
- Add the savory honey sauce ingredients into a sauce pan. Mix well and bring it to a slow boil while stirring. Then set to low heat and add the slurry mixture while stirring for 1-2min or until sauce has thickened. Turn off heat.
- Transfer all the chicken pieces into a big bowl. Drizzle the honey sauce unto the chicken and toss well until evenly glazed! Sprinkle with sesame seeds!
- Serve with raw veggies and various dips!!** Enjoy!!
Leave a Reply