This super easy and tasty duck recipe is for anyone who wants to create that gourmet tasting duck platter with minimal prepping and simple ingredients! Seriously, you can put this together in less than 30 minutes!! Hence I even named it the ‘easy tasty pan fried smoked duck’!! Get yourself a prepackaged smoked duck, few veggies, some white wine and black pepper and that is it!!
why smoked duck?
Smoked duck is perfect for this recipe because they are pre-seasoned and fully cooked. So all you have to do is slice it and use a quick heating method and you are good to go! You don’t even need to add any salt to this dish! How awesome is that! The smoked duck that I like to use is sold at an Asian Market called Hmart. Just need to defrost them a day ahead. The marbling from the duck will produce that truly amazing aroma and make everything you add into the pan taste so so good!! Just get your well seasoned cast iron pan ready!!
Give this a try guys! You will be amazed at how this easy it is to make this delicious meal! You fam will love you!!
Easy Tasty Stir-Fried Smoked Duck
- Cast iron pan, well seasoned
- 1.16 lb smoked half duck King Cole Brand from Hmart, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic sliced
- 6-8 whole baby bok choy chopped
- 2-3 tbsp white cooking wine
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 pinch sesame seeds
- scallions chopped
- oil to brush the pan grapeseed oil
- Slice garlic, set aside. Wash baby bok choy thoroughly, cut and separate white from the green part. Slice smoked duck and set aside, about 1/4" thick.
- Heat a cast iron pan on high heat. Brush lightly with oil. (I used grapeseed oil)
- Once pan is nice and hot, add duck and stir fry for 1-2min, then add the cooking wine. Keep cooking and stir occasionally until golden brown.
- Add garlic and white part of bok choy and stir fry for about 30sec. Then add the green part of bok choy and stir fry for 10 sec. Turn off heat.
- Remove from heat source. Sprinkle black pepper, scallions and sesame seeds. Done!
- Serve with hot rice!