This spicy salmon dish is loaded with flavor, texture and pungency!! Pair it with blistered shishito peppers and fresh sticky rice for a satisfying Asian dinner!! The hint of smoky gochujang taste will grab your attention and what’s not to love about this visually!! Try this salmon dish today! It will melt in your mouth!!
Spicy Salmon with Shishito Peppers
- 1 lb salmon fillet with skin
- 2-3 Tbsp neutral oil for cooking
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 12-15 whole shishito peppers
Spicy Sauce Ingredients
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 2 Tbsp Korean Soy sauce I used Sempio brand
- ½ tsp mushroom powder I used Lee Keum Kee brand
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1½ Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp rice cooking wine
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 pinch black pepper
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp gochujang
- 1 Tbsp scallion chopped
- sesame seeds
- chopped scallion
- Combine sauce ingredients. Combine well and set aside.
- Clean fish and dab dry with paper towel. Sprinkle sea salt lightly to both sides of fish fillet. After 5 mins, cut fish into big chunks. Coat lightly with corn starch.
- Meanwhile heat pan to medium high and add oil. Drop each fish carefully and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 6-7 mins then rest fish on a plate.
- Into the same pan, add shishito peppers and sliced garlic. Stir fry and blister for about 2min. Can cover with lid if needed. Add pinch of salt and pepper.
- Lower heat then add sauce into the same pan. Simmer for about 1-2mins with the pepper. Combine fish back into the pan. Stir and cook for additional minute or until sauce is fully coated. Serve hot and add garnish.