Do you know Bulgogi? Fire meat is pretty much the direct translation of Bulgogi In Korean. They are typically cooked on a grill or pan fried until golden brown. Jjim on the other hand mean braised meat in Korean, where the meat comes out very tender and moist with savory sauce. So you get the picture now?? lol. For this dish, bulgogi texture is elevated to another level while the flavor remains the same! The meat is so tender, moist and just melts in your mouth while the generous amount of savory sauce compliments so well together!! The steps to making this dish is gonna knock you socks off!!
how did i come up with this recipe?
I had bought some family size bulgogi meat one time, but after pan frying it as usual, it came out really dry and tough to eat. Not sure if it’s the age of the meat or being in the freezer for too long? Nevertheless, I was stuck with this meat. After being disappointed, I decided to change my cooking method and try it in the Instant Pot. Luckily I am happy to announce that it was a huge success and now, this has became one of our fam’s new favorite meal! And happy to pass it onto yours.
have you encountered tough bulgogi meat?
This recipe will reveal how to uses tough bulgogi meat and transform them into the most delicious dish! And if you have tender beef, that’s even better!! Try it out and let me know how that went!!
Instant Pot Bulgogi Jjim
- 6 qt Instant Pot
- 12-13 oz bulgogi thinly sliced ribeye beef
- 6 clove garlic sliced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 thumbsize ginger root sliced
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 4 Tbsp Korean Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice wine
- ¼ cup 100% apple juice
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp Natural Raw Cane Sugar
- ½ Tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 stalk scallion chopped
- sesame seeds
- Wash meat in cold water a few time, Drain out water and pat dry excess moisture with paper towel. Place it into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients and mix well. Pour into the meat bowl. Marinate the meat gently with hand. Set aside.
- Chop and slice all veggies and place them into Instant Pot. Place the meat on top and give it a mix.
- Cover the Instant Pot with lid and press the meat/stew function/Low pressure/18min. When time is done, open lid carefully.
- Press Saute mode on high for 4minutes. While simmering, separate the meat as needed and stir gently. Add more salt and pepper as needed. Garnish with scallion and sesame seeds.
- Serve hot with rice and side dishes.