Most people have heard of Sundubu Jjigae, but have you heard of Haemul Sunbudu Jjigae? They are loaded with seafood, vegetables and extra soft tofu. Elevated by the house made spicy paste; will leave you satisfied with a wonderful harmony in your mouth! And don’t forget to serve with a bowl of hot sticky rice!! There are many variations of this soup out there, but this is my version of Haemul Sundubu Jjigae!! Hope you guys can try it out one day!! It’s super delicious!!
Spicy Tofu Stew with Seafood/Haemul Sundubu Jjigae
- ½ cup chopped mushroom baby bella, can alter
- 1 enoki mushroom handful, about 50g
- ½ small onion diced
- ½ small zucchini diced
- ⅓ cup scallion chopped
- ½ cup frozen seafood mix
- 1½ cup water
- 1 pack extra soft sofu
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp salt optional, as needed
House Spicy Sauce
- 1½ tbsp red pepper flake, coarse
- 1½ tbsp Korean soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp anchovy sauce
- 1½ tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Soak frozen seafood in cold water until ice is melted, then drain well.
- Make the House Sauce, mix this sauce with the seafood and set aside.
- Wash and chop vegetables. Set aside.
- Heat a medium size saucepan and add sesame oil. Stir fry onion until half way done. Add the seasoned seafood mixture and stir fry for about 2 min. Add water and close lid. Once the water boils, add zucchini, mushroom and tofu. Boil for about 3-4min with lid. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Add egg and give it a stir. Turn off fire and leave on stove top for 1-2 min while the egg gets cooked inside the pan. Sprinkle scallions and serve hot.