What’s even better than Instant Pot Chicken Soup? Instant Pot Chicken Udon Soup!! It’s a great way to bring some Asian flair into your homemade soup, without the fuss!! Savory and comforting, all in one! Don’t forget about the best garnish I am about the share with you too!
This recipe uses the Korean chicken stock version, also called Dak Gomtang. Please click here to get the Dak Gomtang Instant Pot Recipe. Trust me, udon with Korean Chicken Soup is super delicious!! You will see!
why this recipe works:
- It’s perfect as a one pot meal, and plenty enough to serve two adults.
- While the Instant pot makes the broth, you can prep the other ingredients simultaneously.
- This is great for picky eaters and kids. They love noodles that’s thick and fun to slurp.
- The soup is healthy, hearty with lots of proteins.
how do you make instant pot chicken udon soup?
- Make the chicken stock on Instant Pot. Follow the recipe here. This soup will be the base will be used as a base for this noodle soup.
- Take the chicken out to cool. With hands, tear away some white meat. Set aside. This will be used as toppings later.
- Marinate then deep dry the chicken skin. Set them aside.
- Bring hot water to boil in a pot. Drop udon into the boiling water. It can be frozen. Stir and cook until soft but not mushy. Wash and set on strainer.
- Divide the noodles into 2 bowls. Add shredded chicken, then the fried skin on top. Garnish with chopped scallion. Serve immediately.
What are the steps in making chicken crispies?
- Marinate the chicken skin with seasonings. Message the seasoning into the skin. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 min.
- Add 1 cup of oil into a pan and preheat for deep frying. Meanwhile, coat each chicken skin evenly with Korean frying mix powder.
- Drop chicken skin into the oil. Spread them out with chopsticks if you can. Fry in medium temperature until golden brown. These can burn easily, so high temperature is not recommended. Set on paper towel, let it cool.
I couldn’t wait to take a bite into these little crispies I call them! They were crispy, chewy, and so darn tasty!! It’s hard to explain everything in words, but your mouth will have an explosion of intense chicken flavor!!
what kind of noodles should i use?
When you are at the Asian market, you want to look for this type of noodle. It’s called ‘Udon’ or Japanese style noodle. Udon noodles are thick wheat noodles that are both soft and chewy. The Udon noodles I buy typically come in 5 block noodles per pack. You can easily find them in the frozen section. These are somewhat parboiled noodles, so they don’t’ need to be cooked too long.
It’s time to put everything together! Place the noodles in a bowl, then the chicken meat on top. Pour a generous amount of chicken soup into the bowl. Lay the chicken crispies on top. Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions. Dig in as fast as you can!
did you enjoy this recipe?
If you liked this Instant pot Chicken Udon Soup recipe, please rate and comment! Be sure to check below for more delicious recipes!
Instant Pot Chicken Udon Soup with Crispies
- 6 cups Instant Pot chicken broth
- 1½ cup Instant Pot chicken meat
- 2 blocks frozen udon noodles (16oz)
- 4.5 oz fresh chicken skin
Marinate for chicken skin
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp paprika
- ¼ cup Korean brand frying powder
- 1 cup cooking oil
- Make chicken soup via Instant Pot. Click here for the recipe. Save the chicken skin.
- Make chicken skin marinade. Work the marinade into the chicken skin with hands. Wrap and refrigerate at least 30 min.
- Bring water to boil in a pot. Add the frozen Udon noodles and cook until just soft. Can lesson cooking time if more chewyness is desired. Rince in cold water and set aside.
- Heat a cup of oil in a wok and prepare for frying. During the waiting time, coat the chicken skin with frying powder, front and back. Shake any excess powder. Fry until golden brown in low heat, flipping often. Set aside on cooling rack.
- In a soup bowl, add the Udon noodles, chicken meat on top. Ladle the hot chicken stock from the Instant Pot. Pour a generous amount of chicken broth then garnish with sesame seeds and scallions. Lastly, stack chicken crispies on top and serve immediately.