There is something about warm weather that makes us crave citrus fruits and flavors! That’s why this recipe is perfect for those long summer days. Satisfy your cravings today with these tasty citrus chicken skewers that’s bursting with sweet and tangy citrus flavors!! And don’t forget the pineapples!!
any tips for prepping the wooden skewers?
Soaking the wooden skewers in water for about 15-20min will allow the water to penetrate into the wood, and reducing the chance of the skewers getting burned. Also, watch out for splinters in the bamboo skewers!!
what kind of chicken meat should i use?
Any chicken part is fine to use with this recipe. I personally like the thighs since they tend have more moisture in them.
what kind of pan do you recommend?
I recommend using the non-stick griddle style pan, the ones with ridges. This type of pan was perfect since my meat didn’t stick and also gave it a nice bbq look about them. I didn’t have to worry too much splattering since the fat dripping was taken care of by the ridges. Easy clean up and easy cooking.
CITRUS CHICKEN SKEWERS WITH PINEAPPLES
- Non-Stick Griddle Pan
- 1 lb chicken thighs boneless
- 8 pc bamboo skewers
- 6-8 rings Canned pinapple
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp mirin
- 3 Tbsp Lee Keum Kee Triple Citrus Dipping Sauce
- ½ Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 pinch black pepper
- chopped scallions
- sesame seeds
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for about 15-20min.
- Make meat marinade and set aside. Cut chicken strips and add to marinade. Message sauce into meat and set aside for 5-10min.
- Insert chicken into bamboo skewers.
- Heat pan and spray with cooking oil. Cook pineapple rings for about 5min or until golden brown on each side. Set aside.
- Use paper towel to wipe pan and coat with oil again. Cook chicken skewers for about 9-10min or until meat is golden brown and no more pink. Use lid as needed.
- Serve hot and garnish with scallion and sesame seeds.