These Healthy Beef Tofu Patties are so flavorful, full of texture and most importantly, high in protein!! Pair it with steamed rice and your favorite side dishes like kimchi! You will surely fall in love with these gourmet style Beef Tofu Patties in no time!!
why this recipe works:
- high in protein, from tofu, beef and mushrooms
- takes less then 30 mins to make it
- has variety of texture even for picky eaters
- taste gourmet with a home comfort
- pair them with rice, noodles or salad
what ingredients are needed?
- ground beef, I like to use the 90% lean beef.
- drained tofu
- minced garlic
- chopped onion
- chopped scallion
- diced oyster mushroom
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Korean Soy Sauce
- sesame oil
- egg, large
- corn starch: this helps in binding the ingredients together.
- neutral oil for cooking
how to make healthy beef patties
- Combine all the ingredient into a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly and divide into 7 large meatballs. Flatten them into about 1/2″ thickness patties. Set aside. Note: If you like more texture in your patties, use less force when mixing.
- Heat a nonstick skillet. Add oil and cook patties for about 8-10min in medium high heat. Flipping halfway, or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with hot rice and veggies. I paired mine with pan fried oyster mushrooms and rice.
suggestions for sauce?
You don’t really need sauce for this dish since the meat is already seasoned well. If you like, you can drizzle some ketchup or steak sauce on top.
variations to this recipe:
Here is a list of ingredients you can use if you want to modify this recipe. Make sure to diced them well before adding!
- green peppers
- green cabbage
did you enjoy this recipe?
Did you enjoy this Healthy Beef Tofu Patties? Be sure to check out some other Beef recipes!
Healthy Beef Tofu Patties
- ½ lb ground beef
- 1 cup drained tofu, loosely packed
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- ¼ cup scallion, chopped
- ½ cup oyster mushroom, diced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Mirin
- 1 Tbsp Korean Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 egg, large
- 3-4 Tbsp corn starch
- 3-5 Tbsp neutral oil for cooking
- Combine all ingredient into a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly and divide into 7 large meatballs. Flatten them into about 1/2" thickness patties. Set aside.
- Heat a nonstick skillet. Add oil and cook patties for about 8-10min in medium high heat. Flipping half way, or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with hot rice and veggies.