For this Beef Broccoli with Bulgogi Sauce recipe, thinly sliced ribeye is used in lieu of the traditional beef strips/chunks, giving it a smoother texture and well-seasoned flavors. The fun and tasty twist by using Korean Bulgogi marinade is super diecious way to beef it up!
Try this easy recipe that’s perfect as a quick family meal!! Don’t forget to pair it with sticky rice and kimchi!
why this recipe works:
- Using the thinly sliced beef will give a different dimension to this dish, a fusion dish that is quick to make and delicious.
- The seasonings penetrate into the thin meat quickly, allowing you to save time on marinating and cooking time.
- Easy to share one pot meal.
- Kids approved!
what ingredients do you need for beef with broccoli?
- Bulgogi meat is typically thinly sliced and can be found in most Asian grocery stores. You can either buy the refrigerated ones or the frozen ones. Make sure you thaw it out in the fridge overnight if you purchase the frozen ones.
- Onion. you can use regular or purple onion. I used purple for color purpose.
- Broccoli. Fresh ones preferably.
- Neutral oil. Any neutral oil is fine.
- Sesame oil.
- Sesame seeds.
- small apple grated. This was used as an additional sweetener and meat tenderizer.
- white wine.
- garlic minced.
- Lee Keum Kee Low Sodium Soy Sauce. You can use Korean soy sauce as well, like Sempio brand works great too.
- black pepper
- sesame oil
how do you make beef bulgogi with broccoli?
- Make the marinade and set aside.
- Pat dry the meat. You want to wipe away the red liquid in the meat. If not, it will create foams and will taste bitter once cooked.
- Combine meat and marinade. Gently marinate with hand. Set aside for 10min. Chop veggies while waiting.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on high. Add beef and cook for about 4-5min without oil until partly done. This gives the meat some time to cook with the marinade, it will smell amazing already at this point! Be careful you don’t burn the meat though!
- Add broccoli and onion and stir fry for 1min. Add oil then stir fry additional 2-3 min or until meat has been browned.
- Turn off heat. Drizzle with sesame oil and garnish with sesame seeds and scallions.
- Serve with hot rice.
what to serve with beef with broccoli?
This is a really versatile dish. You can literally serve it with anything! Rice or noodles will go perfectly well! In our household, we enjoyed it with sushi rice and Korean side dishes, like kimchi and namul.
This is also great for packing since it doesn’t have a lot of sauce in general. Place it on top of bed of rice and pack it for tomorrow’s lunch!
did you enjoy this recipe?
Be sure to check out the list below for more delicious recipes!
Beef Broccoli with Bulgogi Sauce
- 16 oz Bulgogi Meat
- ⅓ purple onion, medium size sliced
- 4 oz broccoli cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp neutral oil for stir frying
- 1 tsp sesame oil drizzling at end
- sesame seeds garnish
- scallion, chopped garnish
- ½ small apple grated
- 2 Tbsp white wine
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 5 Tbsp Lee Keum Kee Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1½ Tbsp sugar
- ⅛ tso black pepper
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- Blend apple, white wine and garlic in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into a mixing bowl and add remaining marinade ingredients. Mix well and add sesame oil last. Set aside.
- Wick moisture from meat with paper towel. Set aside.
- Into a big mixing bowl, combine meat and marinade. Gently marinate with hand. Set aside for 10min. Chop veggies while waiting.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on high. Add beef and cook for about 4-5min without oil until partly done.
- Add broccoli and onion and stir fry 1min. Add oil then 2-3 min or until meat has been browned.
- Turn off heat. Drizzle with sesame oil and garnish with sesame seed and scallions.
- Serve with hot rice.