This Savory Braised Salmon is a must try recipe where every bite is so addicting! Good old salmon gets infused with the perfectly braised sauce. Seriously savory and seriously delicious!
We consume a lot of braised dishes at our household and fish being no exception! This time I made it with salmon since it is full of flavor and dense in nutrients. My kids loved them! It’s also very easy to consume with rice and tend to taste very meaty.
why this recipe works:
Some may feel that salmon’s natural flavor is a bit too strong or fishy. If you are one of them, how about turning it into a braised dish. Incorporating some healthy aromatics and marinating tricks, you can turn your salmon dish into a very tasty dish while keeping it still healthy! And there’s just something about braising that brings out the best in protein!
To make this dish with some spicy heat, you can also add gochugaru (hot pepper chili flakes) into the marinade.
did you enjoy this savory braised salmon recipe?
Be sure to check out more of my delicious recipes!
Savory Braised Salmon
- 1 lbs salmon fillet with skin
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ⅛ tsp ginger powder
- 2½ Tbsp Korean Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp mirin
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp manuka honey
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 whole onion, small chopped
- ¼ cup scallion, chopped
- sesame seeds
- Combine all ingredients into a gallon ziplock bag. Add salmon fillet and gently message. Seal and store in fridge overnight.
- Place fish and sauce into a saucepan and bring to boil. Simmer in low heat with lid for 22-24min.
- Increase heat and cook for about 3-4 min, continuously spooning sauce onto fish until sauce has thickened.
- Plate and garnish with scallions and sesame seeds. Serve with fresh rice.