If you have leftover kimchi in your fridge that’s been fermenting for quite some time, how about turning them into these tasty pancakes, aka Kimchi Jeon. These are really easy to make and great as appetizers or snacks. My kids enjoy popping kimchi jeon into their mouth right after school. This version is not that spicy and have bacon in them, which goes really well with diced kimchi! Try making them with your little ones! They will love them!
Korean Kimchi Pancakes
Kimchi Jeon, Kimchi Buchim
Servings: 3 people
- 1 cup fermented kimchi diced
- ½ cup uncooked bacon chopped
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup +3 tbsp water
- ⅓ cup olive oil for cooking
Share on Facebook Pin Recipe
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat up the frying pan and add 1-2 tbsp of olive oil once hot. Pour ¼ cup of batter into the pan and spread out evenly as needed. Can cook 2-3 pancakes at a time depending on the pan size. Cook until golden brown, around 2 to 2½min on each side in med heat.
- Enjoy alone or with soy dipping sauce!
Tried this recipe?Mention @seasonedbyjin or tag #seasonedbyjin!
Leave a Reply