With few simple ingredients, basic pantry seasonings and a wok, you can create a delicious, stir-fried rice at home without all the fuss!! This recipe will create that smoky, fluffy, stir-fried rice with just the right amount of umami! You will love this!! Make plenty and freeze the leftovers!
what’s my take on stir-fried rice
I can say I have tried so many stir-fried rice in the past and amazingly, they all tasted different, none alike?! Who can agree with me? Sometimes I think it depends on the chef’s mood, the kitchen gear used, and seasoning selection! I don’t know about you but I am not a big fan of the overly salty ones, lack of seasoning ones, and overly oily ones. Do you ever get those?? LOL After much practice on my new Wok, I have finally come up with a recipe that I was pleased with and the whole family approved. I hope you will give it a try! It’s as good as restaurant style!!
Better Than Take Out Fried Rice
- seasoned wok
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tbsp scallion, chopped (white part)
- 2 eggs (whisked)
- 1/3 cup scallion, chopped (green part)
- 1 whole cucumber, medium size sliced 1/4" thick
- 1 pack Korean fish sausage (7oz) sliced 1/4" thick
- 3½ cup one day old rice (room temp to warm) use microwave to warm it
- 6 Tbsp neutral cooking oil (divided)
- sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce, Lee Keum Kee Gluten free
- ½ Tbsp Seasoned Aromatic Vinegar, Lee Keum Kee
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- ½ Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Slice the fish sausage 1/4" thick (diagonal) and pan fry with little oil on med heat. When golden brown, set aside.
- Prep the onion, scallion, and garlic and set aside. Make the magic sauce and set aside.
- Once wok is hot, add 2-3T oil, white part of scallion, and garlic and stir fry for 1 min. Add onion and stir fry 1 min. Make space in the middle of wok and pour in egg. When egg is cooked, slide to the side and add rice in the middle with additional oil. (about 2Tbsp) Stir fry for about 2min.
- Pour in the magic sauce and stir fry for 2-3min. Turn off heat and salt to taste and sprinkle sesame seeds and scallions (green part). Give it a good last stir.
- Place the cooked rice into a shallow bowl and press it down gently with a spoon. After about 2 min, take a large plate and cover the bowl on top. Then carefully flip it over so the bowl is upside down on top and the plate is on the bottom. Give the bowl a tap and the rice dome should come out.
- Slice the cucumbers into ¼" thick, diagonal, and dab with paper towel.
- Surround the Fried rice dome with sausages and cucumbers. Serve Hot! Enjoy!