This Rice and Soybean Sprout dish, also known as Kongnamulbap, is an easy and healthy one pot meal! Follow this recipe to create a delicious Korean style meal that’s sure to please your hungry appetite!
There is this wonderful aroma and flavor that comes together so nicely when you cook your short grain rice with fresh soybean sprouts! I have taken a classic Korean dish and gave it a twist with my secret ingredients! Not to mention the yummy homemade sauce that brings everything together!
can i substitue with regular garlic?
Yes you can use regular garlic cloves for this dish. The black garlic although gave that rich, deep pungent flavor, so if you love garlic, give this a try! I used a brand called B-Garlic. They were easy to peel and very yummy straight from the package!
You just have to try making this healthy and tasty dish to experience that Korean home comfort. Seriously this is so easy to make!! And of course for that extra something, you can always top this off with a fried egg on top! So healthy and yummy!! Let me know how you like it!!
did you enjoy this recipe?
Be sure to check out more recipes below!
- MODERN VEGAN KIMBAP
- SWEET SUMMER CORN WITH RICE
- KOREAN MULTIGRAIN RICE, JAPGOKBAP
- KOREAN SUSHI RICE BOWL/HWEDUPBAP
RICE AND SOYBEAN SPROUT HOT POT/KONGNAMUL BAP
- ½ cup short grain rice
- 1 strip dried pollack
- 2-3 cloves black garlic, fermented peeled
- 3-4 oz soybean sprout
- 125 ml water
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1½ Tbsp Korean soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp water
- ½ Tbsp seasme oil
- ½ Tbsp gochugaru
- ½ Tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 bundles scallions chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp Korean green pepper diced
- Wash rice and let it sit on a strainer for 5min. Then pour into earthenware.
- Layer on top of rice with garlic, dried pollak, and soybean sprouts.
- Mix water and salt then pour into earthenware.
- Put lid on and bring to boil. Then lower heat and simmer for about 30min or until rice is soft.
- Mix sauce while rice is cooking. Set aside
- Take earthenware away from heat and add desired amount of sauce. Mix well and drizzle with sesame oil. Optional, can add fried egg on top.