I love Korean juns and there’s no exceptions to that!! This jun is particularly great for spring/early summer season. First, the greens are more available in the market, for east coast peeps. And second, these greens are very good for our body!
We are talking about the vibrant green veggies like chives, perilla leaves, mugwort, Korean green pepper and water celery. If you are not keen to eating raw greens, this is a good way to consume them! Once pan fried, you will notice the natural sweet flavor from each green. Then that crispy, chewy texture pancakes dipped in savory sauce, it’s definitely a winner!! Give it a try and you will see what I am talking about! Enjoy!!
Allstar Green Veggie Jun
- 1 cup Korean wheat flour Recommended brand: Gompyo
- 1⅓ cup cold water
- ⅓ cup crushed ice
- 2 cups mixed greens chopped see note
- ½ tsp garlic minced
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 1-2 small Korean green pepper chopped
- oil for pan frying
- Wash all the greens, and make sure they are dry. Pat with paper towel as needed. Chop all greens and set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix well. Once the ice has melted, heat up a non stick skillet.
- Add generous amount of oil and pour a ladleful amount of batter into pan.
- Cook in medium high heat until golden brown. About 3-4min on each side.
- Yields about 8 pancakes. Serve with soy dipping sauce.