Korean cuisine is well known for their jeons, also known as pan fried pancakes. There are many variations depending on the ingredients used. This jeon is an all vegetable version (vegan). It’s so easy to put together and so addictingly good! The combination of crispy outside and moist inside will keep you craving for more and more! Got leftovers, they are just as great!!
Korean Vegetable pancake, Vegan Yachae Jeon
- ¾ cup julienned carrot
- ½ onion, large sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cup chives chopped
- 1¼ cup Korean pancake mix
- 1 cup cold water
- neutral oil for cooking
- 1 pinch sea salt optional: add into batter
- Chop all vegetables and set aside.
- Into a large mixing bowl, combine vegetables, pancake mix, and water. Gently combine not to break veggies.
- Heat a large non stick pan. Add generous amount of oil. Keep temperature to medium heat and drop batter into pan per desired size. Create circular shape if possible using wooden spoon.
- Rotate pan in circular motion for even oil distribution. Cook both sides until they are golden brown for about 4-5mins. Press down with spatula and add more oil as needed.
- Remove from heat and serve hot. Consume as is or with soy dipping sauce.
- Yields about 10 jeons.