This is an easy peasy matcha waffle recipe made with basic baking ingredients! These are healthy and super tasty too!! Goes great with lot of fresh berries and 100% honey drizzle!! To add a crunch factor, you can use crushed cereal with nuts! Enjoy!
Don’t these look just delicious?? Try these with different toppings like strawberries and wipped cream and drizzled with honey!! Loved this recipe, please tag me on Instagram @seasonedbyjin, would love to see your creation!!
Helpful product details:
If you are interested in the ingredients and appliance used for this recipe, see list below:
- Match powder: Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder (This one had a right balance of flavor, not to bland and not too strong. Even kids approved!) Click here to find out more.
- Honey: Taylor Pass Honey Company. I drizzled the New Zealand Native Flower Honey. The taste and scent was amazing, and delicious!! I had to stop myself from eating too much!! Click here to find out more.
- The waffle maker: Cuisinart Waffle Maker. I have been using this one for year and makes perfect waffles every time!! Highly recommend! The closest one I can recommend is here.
Matcha Waffles topped with Fruits and Honey
- waffle maker, Cuisinart
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp matcha powder, good quality Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 5 tbsp milk
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
- 4oz+2tbsp icy cold water
- 4 tbsp neutral oil
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup Kellog's Special K corn flakes
- ¼ cup pine nuts, crushed
- Into a small mixing bowl, combine and sift all the dry ingredients together. (flour, baking powder, matcha powder, salt)
- In a large mixing me, combine the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Pour the dry ingredients into the large mixing bowl little at a time.
- Mix until smooth consistency. Do not over stir.
- Preheat waffle maker. Once ready, coat with oil and pour the waffle batter onto the waffle maker. Cook until golden crisp.
- Serve with honey, fresh berries and crushed cereal and nuts.