This shrimp and green bean dish is so quick and easy to make, it might surprise you a bit!! You will love the shrimp bursting with flavors, enhanced by it’s crispy outer texture and chewy tenderness inside. Then pair them with savory green beans, coated with shrimp and scallion flavors!! Give it a try today and enjoy a delicious and healthy meal that’s better than take out!!
The cooked shrimp aroma has like a mystery power that somehow travels all throughout the house waking up the hungry spirits. And before you know it, the hungry gobblers are quickly gathered in the kitchen, waiting patiently for that first bite of scrumptious, delicious shrimp! Are you a shrimp lover??
Pan Fried Shrimp with Green Beans
- 20 jumbo shrimp peeled, deveined, tail on
- ¼ cup scallions chopped
- 10 oz green beans blanched 2½ min, ice bath & drained
- 5-6 Tbsp olive oil divided
- ¼ cup potato starch
- ½ Tbsp mirin
- 1 pinch black pepper garnish
- 1-2 pinch sea salt to taste
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp garlic, minced
- ½ Tbsp white wine
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch white pepper
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp scallion chopped
- Blanch green beans for 2½ min, then emerge in ice water until cold. Drain and set aside, sprinkle some sea salt, optional.
- In a mixing bowl, add shrimp and shrimp marinade and toss gently and set aside for 5min.
- Bring a nonstick skillet to high heat. Once hot, add 3-4 Tbsp olive oil. Quickly add potato starch into the shrimp and message it gently. Drop it into the pan one by one, making sure there's space, to prevent sticking to each other. Cook about 4 min on each side or until golden brown. Plate shrimp to rest.
- Lower heat to medium high. Add scallion, green beans and 1-2 Tbsp oil and scorch the beans for about 2min. Add mirin, salt and pepper and give it a stir. Turn off heat and rest on pan for 1min.
- Plate the green beans, then shrimp on top. Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions.
- Can serve with rice.