Turn your pineapples into another level! This recipe will show you how to create dehydrated pineapple disks in the comfort of your home! Get ready to enjoy some sweet, tarty and chewy pineapple snacks!
Ever since my new dehydrator became an addition to my kitchen, I have been having lots of fun experimenting. I decided to dehydrate pineapples as a target experiment since my daughters couldn’t consume fresh pineapples, due to their acidity! Good news! After dehydrating the fresh pineapples in the dehydrator, my daughters were able consume them with no trouble! No more itchy throat symptoms!!
If you want to try making some fun and healthy, fruit snack, give this recipe a try! And store some for later!
This is a really simple process. Take a fresh pineapple and give it a wash. Then, cut off the top and the end. Chop and remove the skin all around. You don’t have to remove the core. Slice them into 1/4″ thickness. Set them on the dehydrator trays, without crowding. Set the temp and timer and walk away! So easy right?? These keep for a long time and great for on the go as well!! Oh and remember to eat around the core!
Dehydrated Pineapple Disks
- 1 electric dehydrator I used Cosori Brand with metal racks
- 2 lbs fresh pineapple whole
- Wash a whole fresh pineapple in cold water.
- Cut off the top and the bottom of pineapple with sharp knife. Remove outer skin.
- Keep the core as is and slice pineapple into 1/4" thick slices.
- Set each slice on the dehydrator trays, about 2" apart.
- Set temperature to 135 degree Fahrenheit for 7 hours. For extra chewy texture, set timer to 8.5~9 hours.
- Remove from wire rack and let it cool. Consume right away or store them for later.