Are you a gummy lover?? Have you ever made gummies from home? Do you want to know how to make them into power gummies?? Let me share my secret!!
So I have been making these gummies for my kids for about 5 years now, and let me tell you, these are super tasty, full of texture and energy boosting munchkins!! All these ingredients are made with high end products, because we want the best for our bodies right?? It’s really critical that we consume healthy things daily with all the viruses going around.
what are the ingredients needed?
Some of the secret ingredients are pictured above! This is not an ad, but do you recognize any of them?? There are few items I want to highlight. Young Living carries an energy drink called NingXia Red, these are amazing little packets filled with wolfberries and other antioxidants. They support energy levels and pretty much over all body health. I take a sip of this pack when I am feeling weary and for me it makes a big difference. They also make the best therapeutic essential oils, and some are safe for consumption as well. I used lemon flavor for this time. But I have changed around in the past with lemon, citrus and grapefruit flavors.
what kind of honey is good?
The honey I used is from Taylor Pass Honey in the Reserve Manuka flavor. I really like this honey for their thick consistency, which I think helped the gummies to be extra chewy as well!! This honey also tastes naturally wonderful and delicious!! The silicon molds are from Amazon and used them forever and still look brand new! I think now they come with droppers so you don’t have to purchase separate pipettes like I did! See link below!
what kind of gelatin powder do i need?
Another item I recommend for making this gummy is the beef gelatin collagen powder from Great Lake Gelatin. You guys know how important collagen is to our body right?? Let me know if you end up making this gummy! Love to see your creation! You can tag in me on my Instagram @seasonedbyjin
how long do these last and how much should i consume?
These need to be kept in the fridge at all times. Place them in a air tight sealed container and consume them within a week. Since there is no preservative in these gummies, they will go bad after some time. For adults 2-3 gummies per day, and for kids 1-2 gummies per day.
- Great Lakes, Beef Gelatin
- Taylor Pass Honey Co Manuka Honey
- Vitality Lemon Essential Oil 5ml by Young Living Essential Oils
- Young Living NingXia Red 2 oz Packs
- 4 Pack Premium Gummy Bear Mold & Hearts, Stars & Shells Silicone Molds
Homemade Power Gummies
- 3 silicon molds
- 1 disposable pipette/dropper
- small saucepan
- measuring cups, spoons
- 1 cup 100% cranberry juice can use other dark colored juice
- 2 packets NinXia 4 oz each
- ¼ cup Unflavored gelatin/protein powder
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 drops Edible therapeutic lemon essential oil
- Into the saucepan, add juice, Ninxia, and gelatin powder. Stir and mix well. Set the saucepan onto stovetop and bring heat to medium high. Stir until right before liquid boils. Take away from heat.
- Cool few minutes and add honey and essential oil. Stir until well dissolved.
- Drop into the each mold with pipette. Carefully store in fridge for 2 hours or until firm.
- Pop each gummy out from mold and store in air tight container. Keep in fridge and consume within one week. Makes about 50 gummies. Consume 1-3 per day.