This is a refreshing caffeine free cold drink that can be enjoyed all year long! It’s super delicious and nutritious at the same time! It can even be a meal replacement on a busy day!! Try making my version at home today! You just might get addicted!!
what is korean sweet potato latte?
Unlike it’s name, this drink does not contain any coffee, which makes it a great option for any age group! It typically contains cooked Korean sweet potato, dairy and sweetener. Due to the sweet potato addition, it’s quite healthy and filling!! Typically sugar or honey is used to make the Goguma Latte, but I put a twist into it by adding some Date Syrup in my version!!
can you substitute the ingredients?
Yes, you can use dairy of your choice, and sweetener of your choice. The main component is the Korean sweet potato, so don’t sub that one!
How do i cook Korean sweet potato?
When it’s raw, It is hard and dense like the American sweet potato however even after steamed/boiled, it’s able to maintain it’s firmness a bit more. It is also not as fibrous, giving it a smoother texture when blended. You can boil or steam the sweet potatoes until soft and fork can insert easily. Pealing the peels post cooking is recommended.
does the korean potatoes taste different?
Yes, Korean sweet potatoes taste differently from the American yams. You just have to give it try to taste the difference. But I assure you, it is very tasty!!
Korean Sweet Potato Latte/Goguma Latte
- 5 oz Cooked Korean sweet potato cubes
- 10 oz 2% milk for smoothie
- ½ cup 2 % milk, divided for topping
- 1 Tbsp crushed pine nuts, divided
- 2-3 cups ice, divided
- 3 Tbsp Date Syrup
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon Powder, divided
- Add into the blender, cooked sweet potatoes, milk and Date Syrup. Blend until smooth.
- Froth milk with frother. Set aside.
- Have 2 cups ready, filled with ice. Pour blended Goguma smoothie into each cup. Top with frothed milk.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon powder and nuts. Drizzle more Date Syrup if desired. Serve Cold!