Time for some noodles anyone?? I have been experimenting Chinese noodles lately, so if you see a petite Korean girl hanging out in the dry noodle aisle in an Asian market, it might be me!! Seeing so many different types of noodles brought out the curiosity in me! Of course I didn’t buy all of them, but one by one, I see myself testing them out.
This is an easy one pan meal that’s quite tasty and satisfying!! The Chinese egg noodles go perfectly with protein and veggies of your choice! And a great way to clean out your fridge too! Give it a try and you might get hooked, and the best part, it can be eaten hot or cold!!
To save cooking time, the best way to approach dishes like this is to prep everything prior to cooking. Wash and chop all the veggies first, then set aside. Then cut the meat and marinate. Having all the ingredients ready to go, right next to you, will make cooking a breeze and enjoyable! And again, this noodle dish is also great as a to go meal. The flavor and texture remained quite well even when it was cooled!
One Pan Chicken Lomein
- 1-2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 knob ginger thumbsize
- 4 baby carrots
- 2 bundles baby bok choy
- ½ med onion sliced
- 3 button mushrooms sliced
- ¼ cup vegetable stock/chicken stock
- 8 oz chicken breast sliced thinly
- 1½ Tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1-2 pinch sea salt
- 1 stalk scallion chopped
- sesame seeds
- 1-2 pinch black pepper
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1½ tsp sugar
- 8 oz dry thin egg noodles boil el dente
- Boil egg noodles, el dente. Rinse and drain, set aside.
- Make sauce and set aside. Chop veggies, set aside.
- Slice chicken thinly into bite size pieces. Marinate with Shaoxing wine and pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Bring a nonstick skillet on high. Add oil, ginger and garlic. Cook until fragrant.
- Add chicken into skillet and cook until 3/4th cooked. Add veggies and stir fry for 1-2min.
- Reduce heat to medium high and add noodles, stock and sauce. Keep stirring and cook until noodles are soft. Season to taste with salt. Add slurry and give it a final stir. Turn off heat.
- Serve hot or room temperature. Garnish with scallion, sesame seeds and black pepper.